The Manitoba REALTORS® Shelter Foundation supports shelter-related charitable organizations in Manitoba.
Shelter is defined as a temporary or permanent human shelter that provides protection against injury, danger or discomfort. It is a place of safety or immunity, a home, lodging or dwelling.
Grant Application Guidelines
Please review the following guidelines prior to submitting a grant application.
- Shelter-related registered charities operating in the province of Manitoba are eligible.
- Organizations must demonstrate sound fiscal responsibility and effective management.
- All applications should be received annually by September 15 in order to be included for review at the October meeting.
Presentations about your organization/grant request to the Manitoba REALTORS® Shelter Foundation. If your organization wishes to make a presentation to the Manitoba REALTORS® Shelter Foundation Board of Governors, arrange this by calling 204-772-0405. Please call as far in advance of the annual application deadline as possible.
The foundation will not provide grant funds for: budget deficits; activities completed, or costs incurred prior to the current year of application; political activities; fundraising events; endowments or medical equipment.
The organization applying for the grant must have been in continuous operation delivering services in Manitoba for a minimum of two fiscal years prior to the date of the grant application submission.
Grants will not normally be considered from the following types of organizations:
- Medical institutions, camps, or theatre/performing arts groups
- Private foundations, service or fraternal clubs, or religious institutions
- Agencies/organizations which raise funds for distribution to other community organizations.
Please submit grants by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.